After completion of this monograph the course participant will be able to describe:
- The effects of normal aging on joints and ligamentous structures of the lumbopelvic region.
- The signs and symptoms of diseases affecting the lumbopelvic region.
- The research base for history and examination items used in orthopaedic differential diagnosis.
- A number of tests for orthopaedic differential diagnosis of the lumbopelvic region.
- A biomechanical approach to orthopaedic differential diagnosis of the lumbopelvic region.
- The research base for use of manual therapy, traction, and exercise in selected dysfunctions.
- A biomechanical approach to treatment of dysfunctions of the lumbopelvic region.
In this second monograph on the lumbopelvic region we will review changes as a result of normal aging, diseases affecting this region, examination, orthopaedic differential diagnosis, and treatment. Five case scenarios will illustrate the practical application of the information reviewed in both monographs.